So, you’ve heard about the report I have to write before Tuesday. And the total lack of work I’ve done on it so far (primarily due to being ill yesterday, which was supposed to be a study day). Ultimately my excuse is that it’s totally uninteresting. That aside, I’ve had the most productive Saturday in a long time – the ways in which one can procrastinate when something long and horrible is waiting to be done are amazingly varied and various…
- Bath the dog, I mean, why wouldn’t you?
- Deep-clean the bathroom – a direct necessity flowing from bathing the dog
- Plan out some blog features for the next number of months – you have already done this, but you really needed to write it out neatly on some fresh paper. Later, when you have run out of mundane and unnecessary chores with which to distract yourself, you can type it out. Then, if you really want to kill some time, you can go on a search around the city for 1. A useable printer and 2. A laminator.
- Clean the kitchen
- Make a stew
- Do all the laundry
- Do some wedding related google searches
- Find out the furniture auction results from today. Figure out the average selling price for a bookcase. Compare results with eBay.
- Do an exercise DVD
- Unpack yesterday’s grocery shopping (don’t judge me)
- Reorganise a kitchen cupboard
- Finish reading a book so that you can start a new one before the day is out
Which brings us to the here-and-now:
- Write a blog post about procrastinating